How You Can Tie Dye
Easy steps · Should take 1 day
Materials: fiber-reactive dye, soda ash, Synthrapol or equivalent laundry detergent …
- Gather your supplies and set up your work area.
- Prewash your garments with a laundry detergent like Synthrapol.
- Mix your dyes according to the package instructions.
- Pre-soak your garment in a soda ash solution, if necessary.
- Fold or crumple your fabric to create the design. Secure the folds with rubber bands or string.
- Apply the dye.
- Let it sit. (Be Patient!)
- Rinse, wash, and wear your garment.